Welcome to our 2019 Fall/Winter CSA page!
What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Shared Agriculture.
The idea is that farmers and community members work together in a supportive relationship. The members of our CSA (you) pay the farmers (us) at the beginning of the growing season for 10 bi-weekly boxes full of fresh, organic, local produce. By selling memberships in advance of the growing season, a CSA reduces the burden of up-front costs for the farmer. Your membership fee enables the farmer to purchase equipment and supplies before the season starts, and also provides stability by giving access to a predictable and guaranteed market, which helps the farmer save time and reduce waste. In turn, members have the benefits of receiving a bounty of the freshest possible organic produce, reduced trips to the grocery store, the opportunity to try new vegetables, and a monthly newsletter that includes recipe ideas, which aims to keep members connected to where their food is being grown.
Is the CSA a good fit for me?
We love the CSA model, however, it is not a good fit for everyone! If you agree with the points listed below, you will likely have a great experience being a member of our CSA.
- I like trying new foods
- I like to eat locally and seasonally
- I enjoy cooking and experimenting with foods I may not usually eat
- I am okay with the farmers, rather than myself, deciding which vegetables I will receive each week
- Vegetables make up a significant part of my diet
Here are a few more key points about our 2019 CSA (more details can be found in the CSA agreement below).
- We have planned for our CSA to begin in mid September and run for 20 weeks, with pickups every second week for a total of 10 pickups.
- There is a set day and time each week for your box pick-up, and this is still to be determined. The pickup will be in the early evening during a week day. Salmo pickups will begin at our farm and Nelson pickups will start at Cottonwood Falls Park, and they both will move to indoor locations once the weather gets cold.
- We are offering one share size that has a value of approximately $30 per week, or $60 per pickup. The total cost to sign up for the season is $540, which gives you savings of 10%.
- We are planning on building a heated greenhouse this year, which would allow us to provide fresh greens for our CSA members every pickup. Greens all winter long!
- Check out our CSA agreement below to see what vegetables we will be growing and putting in our 2019 boxes.
How to Sign-Up for our CSA
Here’s what you need to do if you’re interested in signing up:
- Read the CSA agreement below and make sure that you understand exactly what you’re signing up for.
- Fill out our nifty google form to sign up for the CSA. Payment information will be emailed to you after you have completed this form. If you have difficulty filling out the form please let us know and we can sign you up over email. We require a $50 deposit to secure your spot. The balance of the cost of the share will be due on July 1st. We are able to offer a more flexible payment schedule if required, please contact us for more details.